Feeling Fat and Frustrated…

It’s a perk of blogging that I get a platform to whinge. I’ve suddenly reached That Point in my pregnancy. That point of Feeling Fat and Frustrated. You swim along on a tide of hormones, feeling muzzy and happy, but then suddenly you reach the end of your tether.

I’m so enormous at the moment that I’m finding it very difficult to sleep properly. Even when I do sleep, I have to wake up every two hours at the least to go to the toilet. I can’t fit much food into my stomach. I keep bumping into things because my mental body image is still that of someone who can squeeze through those two chairs there. I can’t bend over or walk easily. In addition, I’ve had two false alarms this past week, one of which necessitated a trip into hospital…it’s called “spurious labour”. Either come out or don’t!

At four am this morning, I considered jumping up and down and screaming, and then realised sadly that (a) I can’t jump at the moment and (b) I’d wake up the rest of the household. Then I sat in my chair and grumpily contemplated picking an argument with someone, but decided that wasn’t fair on the recipient of the argument unless I warned them (and that takes all the fun out of it). And I’d probably regret it later.

It must be nature’s way of making women want to go through the labour process. Well, technically, I’ve only got three weeks to go, so the end is in sight. Wish me luck!

1. Sinclair Davdson
    Posted October 11, 2008 at 3:19 pm | Permalink

Do you have a banana pillow? Put that under the tummy at night, if you sleep on your side.

2. TerjeP
    Posted October 12, 2008 at 4:05 am | Permalink

Good luck with it all. Just know that once you have a house full of little ones you won’t sleep properly for several years.

3. conrad
    Posted October 13, 2008 at 5:10 am | Permalink

Have fun!

4. melaleuca
    Posted October 13, 2008 at 3:30 pm | Permalink

“Even when I do sleep, I have to wake up every two hours at the least to go to the toilet.”

That’s one of the reasons why I gave up the grog last year.

Good luck!

5. frank luff
    Posted October 13, 2008 at 4:20 pm | Permalink

Makes me glad I’m a man!
    fluff

6. Posted October 13, 2008 at 5:33 pm | Permalink

Pregnant women don’t look fat L’eagle they look fabulous. Got a freind due about the same time as you. Her first. She glows.
    All the same I really do wonder sometimes why you guys do it. If it were us the human race’d died out thousands of years ago. Us being selfish shits n’ all. 🙂

7. Martha Maus
    Posted October 14, 2008 at 7:02 am | Permalink

Good wishes for the birth of your second baby, Legal Eagle. After your new baby is born, you won’t have to post about sleep because you won’t remember what it is!

8. Nanu
    Posted October 14, 2008 at 10:20 am | Permalink

Nah! You’re phat! 🙂

9. Posted October 14, 2008 at 2:32 pm | Permalink

Why can’t you eat sushi?

10. Nanu
    Posted October 14, 2008 at 2:56 pm | Permalink

the rice …salmonella etc., likewise the fish which might also carry parasites, high mercry level

11. Posted October 15, 2008 at 11:52 am | Permalink

The only time I’ve had food poisoning in Australia
    Cooper’s Stout home-brew made by hippies – Danger! Will Robinson, danger!

12. Posted October 15, 2008 at 12:15 pm | Permalink

We were having our third before I’d lost all the weight I put on with the first two … boom tish!

You have my sympathy for your condition and best wishes for the imminent arrival. Get Pay-TV for the late night feeds if you haven’t already. Advertorials are purgatory.

13. Posted October 15, 2008 at 2:09 pm | Permalink

LE said: “I am going to gorge myself once I have this baby.”
    Yep – a wide range of foods – great way of processing possible antigens and presenting them to the rugrat via milk and so decrease the chance of food sensitivities.

On raw fish: Hg is mainly a problem with larger predators, (especially near Minimata Bay), but raw fish also contains a factor that destroys thiamine (B1) – see this FAO reference. If you gorge on raw fish, make up for this with lots of Vegemite 😉

And of course, best wishes for a smooth (perhaps to the point of being boring) delivery.