Trolley Dollies

By DeusExMacintosh

A new Thai charter airline due to start operations on Asian routes in April is hiring transsexuals as flight attendants.

More than 100 transvestites and transsexuals people applied for the first round of jobs. Four were chosen, along with 19 female and seven male flight attendants.

Among the successful applicants was Dissanai Chitpraphachin, 23, who was crowned as Thailand’s most beautiful transvestite in 2007.

The Telegraph also has video.

1. conrad
    Posted February 13, 2011 at 4:03 am | Permalink

It’s great of them, and whoever their marketing manager is should be given a promotion — this has got worldwide publicity multiple times.

2. Posted February 13, 2011 at 1:18 pm | Permalink

I don’t care if a flight attendant is male/female//transgender/transvestite or whether they dress to the right or left. They can hire Frank N Furter as long as they all leave me alone to sleep and don’t keep waking me up (Qantas and Singapore seemed to understand this, BA and a couple of American carriers seemed not to) I’ll remain utterly indifferent. In any case I’d probably still be seething about the security theatre and having to turn up 3 hours in advance to have my boots X-rayed and my gonads felt by another bloke in case I have semtax taped to them, after which being shown the safety demo by a Thai ladyboy should seem pretty trivial to anybody.

3. Posted February 13, 2011 at 6:20 pm | Permalink

Just letting punters know that I’ve had to empty 1600 spam messages out of the can, which I think is some sort of record. If you were in there, I’m afraid you’ll have to repost. Also I have real work ™ to do today so won’t be around much.

4. Posted February 13, 2011 at 6:24 pm | Permalink

The Thais are a fascinating culture. I recommend the films Beautiful Boxer and Iron Ladies to get a sense of where they are on such matters.

5. Posted February 13, 2011 at 11:49 pm | Permalink

My bad. It’s having “ladyboys” in the keywords I think…

6. Posted February 15, 2011 at 8:25 am | Permalink

She stood it most likely because she loved who she was. Masculine looking or not, the hands and thyroid cartilage aka adams apple are beyond the reach of depilation and starvation. A nice scarf and gloves please.

One Trackback

1. […] This post was mentioned on Twitter by John Hacking, Legal Eagle. Legal Eagle said: Trolley Dollies: A new Thai charter airline due to start operations on Asian routes in April is hiring transsexu… http://bit.ly/fDT1yE […]