Legal Eagle is poorly

This is just a short notice letting you all know that Legal Eagle has been hospitalised with pneumonia. I think this is the third time now, so it is really getting a bit much to bear. As a consequence, it may be somewhat quiet around these here bloggy parts for a bit.

1. conrad
    Posted March 16, 2011 at 6:01 pm | Permalink

Get well!

2. conrad
    Posted March 16, 2011 at 6:02 pm | Permalink

I should say Get well soon! that obviously isn’t a directive.

3. Mel
    Posted March 16, 2011 at 6:10 pm | Permalink

Sorry to hear that. I had pneumonia once and it was very uncomfortable. Hope you are up and about very soon.

4. Posted March 16, 2011 at 7:09 pm | Permalink

Commiserations and hope recovery is swift.

5. Chris Bond
    Posted March 16, 2011 at 8:54 pm | Permalink

Likewise, best wishes for a swift recovery from me.

Posted March 17, 2011 at 1:58 am | Permalink

Sincere double-dittos of the above wishes, LE.

But this is a time for Mr Eagle to show his true mettle; to step into the breach; to man up; and, of course, to put in an urgent call to all available Grandparents for the care of his children, his wife, and himself.

If he’s anything like me, you will find him a better man upon your recovery, replete with wondrous newfound knowledge – like being able to locate the Eaglets’ sock drawer, and knowing which night the garbage needs to be put out.

7. Posted March 17, 2011 at 4:38 am | Permalink

Echoing well wishes for a speedy recovery.

8. pete m
    Posted March 17, 2011 at 8:17 pm | Permalink

looking forward to hearing from you again LE – best wishes

9. Posted March 17, 2011 at 8:31 pm | Permalink

Hope you get well soon LE!

Posted March 18, 2011 at 4:00 am | Permalink

Best wishes LE – I had it twice, it was a bit crap.

Hope to see you back in the bloggy saddle soon!

11. Posted March 19, 2011 at 9:49 am | Permalink

[email protected] Goodie! When you are better you can enjoy my endorsement of the virtues of legal order. 🙂

12. C.L.
    Posted March 19, 2011 at 11:36 am | Permalink

Get well, Eagle.

Posted March 19, 2011 at 11:55 am | Permalink

Good news LE!

Lorenzo, that link of yours: I found it very interesting, but was struck by the phrase “stable anarchic orders”. Had to search the memory bank for something quite so illogical, and the best I could come up with was the old hippie term “free love” – which itself, I see, has “history”.

14. Posted March 19, 2011 at 2:46 pm | Permalink

[email protected] Glad you liked it. Anarchists claim that one can have stable anarchic orders. It is not quite as illogical as it sounds, since anarchy and chaos are not synonyms: it is just the general view that anarchy leads to chaos. But, in its functional illogic, perhaps ‘free love’ is a good analogue.

15. Posted March 19, 2011 at 3:24 pm | Permalink

I’m thinking gyroscopic movement. Stable, but not exactly still…

Posted March 19, 2011 at 4:13 pm | Permalink

That provides a good mental picture for me DEM, although I must say whenever I think of gyroscopes, I think of visiting Greenwich Observatory. Absolutely facsinating – as was that book out some time ago – “Longitude”, I think?

Anyway, wandering as usual, but I take comfort from Lorenzo’s leaning towards the need for order – neatly put as “you have the rights that are acknowledged by others”.

Posted March 19, 2011 at 4:21 pm | Permalink

Please pardon my undue interest in fax machines.

18. Andrew
    Posted March 19, 2011 at 11:28 pm | Permalink

Stay safe 🙂

19. Rafe
    Posted March 21, 2011 at 10:30 am | Permalink

Hooray! Our prayers worked!

20. lesley
    Posted March 21, 2011 at 3:35 pm | Permalink

Why have you had pneumonia Twice! What ails your GP that he would allow this state of affairs.
    OR what are you doing to yourself to let your body run down so far that the pneumococcus had an opportunity to invade your lungs on a second occasion. I really enjoy your page, and hope that this state of affairs is over…….soon….
    Best wishes…

21. Posted March 23, 2011 at 12:17 pm | Permalink

Sorry to hear you’ve been sick, Eagle, and hope you continue to be on the mend.

22. PAUL WALTER
    Posted March 28, 2011 at 1:12 pm | Permalink

am sorry to learn your friend is ill and hope she shakes whatever has been getting down.

One Trackback

1. By Rafe’s Roundup March 19 at Catallaxy Files on March 19, 2011 at 11:20 am

[…] English police harass young children for picking flowers. Nice person who reported them as well. Pray for Legal Eagle. […]