Planned Outage Tonight

By Jacques Chester

Hello everyone, it’s your friendly Ozblogistan Tyrant here.

I plan to migrate our servers to a different data centre tonight. There will be some disruption during the move, and it may take time for your DNS records to be updated.

We’re moving from the Fremont data centre, which has turned out to be about as reliable as a Ford Pinto, to the Dallas data centre (I look forward to your big-hats-and-oil jokes).

Posted August 19, 2011 at 5:54 pm | Permalink

Hi Jacques. Good luck with move, but just to add to LE’s comment, the no-wrap is restricted to the specific post she refers to. Other posts seem unaffected. Except dunno about this one…

2. Posted August 19, 2011 at 6:01 pm | Permalink

Stray div tag. I put it down.

3. Posted August 19, 2011 at 6:07 pm | Permalink

I thought that was part of the move… oh well, shows you what I don’t know!

I am currently experiencing a visit from my old friend frozen shoulder, so won’t be around much for a day or two until I’ve worked the knots out of it.

4. Rafe
    Posted August 20, 2011 at 10:20 am | Permalink

frozen shoulder!?
    Any relation to cold shoulder?

5. Rafe
    Posted August 20, 2011 at 10:23 am | Permalink

I am getting cold shoulder from Catallaxy, probably punishment for complaining about not being able to post.

Actually I think the site has gone down because JC didn’t get onto Open Forum first up and do the homage to country!

6. Davo
    Posted August 20, 2011 at 8:30 pm | Permalink

Whatever happened to the local Australia post office? No, wait, they didn’t record anything … just .. passed it on (or did they?)

7. Davo
    Posted August 20, 2011 at 8:37 pm | Permalink

Tomorrow your internet ‘servers’ might be in Mumbai, or Murmansk ..