The Midwich Cats

On the bonnet of the damned…

1. Dave Bath
    Posted January 21, 2012 at 8:08 am | Permalink

Clutch down, rev engine, clutch up quickly, brake suddenly (shiny slidey bonnet), forward, reverse, forward, reverse, a donut or two … Who needs a ticking briefcase?

2. Posted January 21, 2012 at 8:13 am | Permalink

They’d look good hanging on a christmas tree.

3. Posted January 21, 2012 at 9:40 am | Permalink

I was going to dig up something more, you know, intellectual, for the Saturday thread. But then I found these cats. And, yeah, well…

4. Mel
    Posted January 21, 2012 at 10:32 am | Permalink

I like it!

5. Posted January 21, 2012 at 12:11 pm | Permalink

Comment from my nearly 5yo grandson: “The eyes are made out of lights because they are evil robot kitties”

Posted January 21, 2012 at 12:21 pm | Permalink

They’re only dangerous if you wynd’m up.

7. Posted January 21, 2012 at 8:27 pm | Permalink

I think kvd wins the internetz for today…

Posted January 22, 2012 at 3:51 am | Permalink

‘triffic 😉

9. Posted January 22, 2012 at 6:45 am | Permalink

Also trouble if you like’em 🙂

10. Posted January 22, 2012 at 7:01 am | Permalink

A lot of people clearly want to win the internetz today…

11. Adrien
    Posted January 22, 2012 at 2:04 pm | Permalink

On the bonnet of the damned flying saucer? These cats look like Martian cats with their laser eyes. If could get a picture of owls like this it would be seriously spooky.

Posted January 22, 2012 at 3:32 pm | Permalink

Completely off topic – except SL tagged this as ‘Saturday chit-chat’ – I wanted to read something Jim Belshaw (who I greatly respect) mentioned in his latest post as available from the National Library of Australia.

But it seems you have to have a ‘library card’ before you can access same. So I applied, and the following appeared on my screen

Thank you for registering with the National Library of Australia. Your registration is now being processed and a library card will be mailed to you shortly. If you do not receive your card within approximately two weeks please phone +61 (0)2 6262 1266

From the ultimate repository of our nation’s recorded output I must say I find this process to be at the least quaint.

But if anyone can lend me their card, well I’d be most ‘umbly grateful.

13. Posted January 22, 2012 at 10:00 pm | Permalink

Response so that everyone sees kvd’s request: any of our regulars own a National Library of Australia lending card he can borrow at short notice? If so, leave a message in this thread and I’ll put you in touch with each other.

One Trackback