From the land that brought you the deep fried Mars Bar…

Welcome to Scotland [NSFW, so lean over your computer before you fall about the place laughing].

1. conrad
    Posted January 31, 2012 at 4:27 am | Permalink

That’s great.

Posted January 31, 2012 at 5:12 am | Permalink

Brilliant! πŸ™‚

3. Posted January 31, 2012 at 6:12 am | Permalink

Scotland the Brave!

4. Posted January 31, 2012 at 7:17 am | Permalink

I love the polite “*please* piss off.”

5. paul walter
    Posted January 31, 2012 at 7:52 am | Permalink

It’s quite true of course. If it’s a steady diet of junk, there’s very little a decomposing mouse or two could do to worsen things. If anything a little protein to leaven the stale fat, carcinogens and carbohydrates – “mouseburger”.

If bakers and pizza manufacturers can put vermin into their customers’ food, should a humble chip shop be excluded?

6. Adrien
    Posted January 31, 2012 at 8:01 am | Permalink

From the land of Robbie Burns and David Hume, hahaha.

7. Posted January 31, 2012 at 8:26 am | Permalink

And the Paisley Snail…

(it’s sad that I know this. *headdesk*)

8. Posted January 31, 2012 at 8:53 am | Permalink

This was a great find SL. I shared it on facebook, it must be admitted.

I’m pretty sure Burns liked being seen as uncouth. Witness all the bawdy poems he wrote, and the following epitaph:

Here lies with death auld Grizzel Grim
    Rineluden’s ugly witch.
    O death how horrid is thy taste,
    To lie with such a bitch!

9. Adrien
    Posted January 31, 2012 at 10:02 am | Permalink

Gosh, (sniff) he musta really liked her. πŸ™‚

10. Posted January 31, 2012 at 10:18 am | Permalink

I think he just wanted to rhyme witch with bitch so he made her up.

Posted January 31, 2012 at 12:16 pm | Permalink

[email protected] if you want that dish, I expect you simply ask for the mouse special πŸ˜‰

12. Posted January 31, 2012 at 3:22 pm | Permalink

Prude that I am, I did giggle on fb when I saw this … but … given “dinnae” and “whae” I’m wondering whether there is a more traditional celtic spelling (or indeed, different words) for the more anglo-saxon F and C

13. Posted January 31, 2012 at 8:45 pm | Permalink

He hasn’t spelt “geez” properly in Scots, either. The more traditional spellings of the two words you mention are R-A-N-G-E-R-S and C-E-L-T-I-C.

14. Ripples
    Posted February 1, 2012 at 10:08 am | Permalink

I couldn’t help but read it with an accent. Very chuckleworthy

15. Posted February 1, 2012 at 8:17 pm | Permalink

DEM wins the internets for today…

16. Posted February 6, 2012 at 8:44 am | Permalink

For some reason this is proving inordinately popular. Must be the Scottish sense of humour…

[Also, if you click on the graphic itself to make it full size, there are more comments. No, I have no idea what’s going on either].

17. Posted February 8, 2012 at 2:17 am | Permalink

Och, an’ deep fried mars bars are for cissies.

You want one o’ these

Posted February 8, 2012 at 3:32 am | Permalink

[email protected] the comments attached to the image are the result of allowing comments to be attached to images within your post, as opposed to comments ON the post itself. This was raised a year back, and the solution is to disallow this WordPress feature at the time of posting the article to the blog.

I can see why it could be a handy feature if a post contained half a dozen images, and people wanted to comment upon a particular pic – but with basically one image per post I think you are better off unticking this feature at time of posting – and/or maybe checking with Jacques to see if it can be turned off as a default setting so you don’t have to worry about it in the first place.

/2c

DEM your link has a bolded sub heading “Freezing Balls” which sort of hit me in the eye. Thought it might be a local weather report for a moment πŸ˜‰

One Trackback

1. […] Skepticlawyer. Share this:EmailStumbleUponDiggRedditTwitterFacebookLinkedInTumblrLike this:LikeBe the first to […]