The Second Migration

By Jacques Chester

That you can see this post means you’re on the new server. Welcome.

There will be glitches — duplicates and the like.

Sorry about the disruption, but I hoped you all enjoyed the kittens and the dalek.

1. Posted September 10, 2012 at 10:26 pm | Permalink

Please accept my apologies, on behalf of the admins, for what has been going on with the blog over the last three weeks, and thank you for persisting with us. Jacques was very unfortunately ‘sold a pup’ when it came to one server company, which means the rest of us have been forced to watch from the sidelines as everything went from bad to worse.

I realise that some things are still broken (and the move seems to have stolen lots of Lorenzo’s illustrations for some reason), but this time I think I can say for certain that things are looking up.

2. Posted September 11, 2012 at 2:07 am | Permalink

Well, I have put the pics back in 🙂

Though a couple of posts are now up twice.

Posted September 11, 2012 at 4:23 am | Permalink

Well done Jacques! And thank you.

4. Posted September 11, 2012 at 5:37 am | Permalink

Saw the Dalek, never saw the kittens. PLEASE POST A PICTURE OF THE KITTENS!

5. Posted September 11, 2012 at 5:40 am | Permalink

And of course thank you for all the tireless work Jacques!

6. TerjeP
    Posted September 11, 2012 at 7:11 am | Permalink

Well done.

Oh and I’d also like to say “yay LDP”. History got made on the weekend.

7. Posted September 11, 2012 at 8:25 am | Permalink

Can we have a “Dalek v Kitten”?

8. Posted September 11, 2012 at 9:46 am | Permalink

Saw the kitten, never saw the Dalek. 🙁

Thanks Jacques for grace under pressure imposed by others.

9. Posted September 11, 2012 at 10:27 am | Permalink

The kittens and the daleks will get mentioned in my writeup of the whole experience.

10. Posted September 11, 2012 at 12:07 pm | Permalink

Someone must be racking up the frequent moving points after all the ups and downs lately. I was amused to see a different page each time things broke though. It’s the little things (like dalek pictures) that show there’s an admin who cares.

This is for Dave.