Season’s greetings

By Lorenzo

I am travelling to Sydney via Canberra to spend some time with my brother over Christmas-New Year. So, I am not likely to be posting for next couple of weeks.

There was no post last week since the business is moving office–and a small business means moving yourself–plus, having move housed recently, I was trying to get all my books out of boxes (it will perhaps not be surprising that I have lots of books) and onto bookshelves before I left so my housemate can have a party while I am away. As well, there was temporary (24 hour) interruption of internet service at my new residence.

So, no post last week. I have posts planned. One–entitled Mindless bureaucracy is not a government monopoly–will be about the fun of dealing with various telecoms and ISPs. Another–entitled The managerial ego–will be about the threatening of an export success. It is a striking thing about the Oz literati and intelligentsia, when they are being the most “cutting edge” and “sophisticated” is when they are being the most utterly provincial.

Having simply moved from one side of a suburb to the other side of the same suburb, I will also be posting on urban planning (using the term very loosely) and infrastructure. That may be two posts–Parks good, green strips bad and No infrastructure please, we’re progressives.

So, things to look forward to (hopefully).  Best wishes for your holiday season!

Posted December 18, 2013 at 11:54 am | Permalink

And best of wishes to you Lorenzo, with many thanks for many thoughtful and well researched posts. I wish you safe travels, and some temporary respite from a sometimes demanding audience.

2. Posted December 19, 2013 at 5:40 am | Permalink

HUMBUG.

3. LJS
    Posted December 20, 2013 at 1:00 am | Permalink

Best wishes to you too Lorenzo, and to the other SL bloggers/commentators.

Though I rarely post a comment (better to keep your mouth closed, fools, and all that), for years I have eagerly read the posts and comments and found them interesting, well argued, and thoughtfully constructed.

Congratulations on the continued broad range of topics, and the cultivation of civilised disagreement!

4. Posted December 20, 2013 at 12:11 pm | Permalink

Happy Festivus to the SL crowd!

5. Posted December 21, 2013 at 11:48 am | Permalink

Yes Yes best wishes to all, especially those that have gone a little quiet of late.
    LJS you should comment more, you look like you are quite capable with the language

Posted January 1, 2014 at 4:10 pm | Permalink

I have read many times about a person trampled by a horse being in a stable condition, but I thought this report exceeded itself in the level of irrelevant detail included by the journalist. Obviously the editor was out celebrating the new year.

Anyway, thank the Lord it wasn’t an ox which did the gory deed – otherwise we’d be subjected to a Sunday Supplement.

Posted January 3, 2014 at 8:05 pm | Permalink

Chinese authorities find fox DNA in Walmart’s popular line of donkey meat. I sense a business opportunity for one of the larger UK food concerns if they are quick about it. Perhaps Waitrose?