The sheikh was mean to pussy cats, too…

In the spirit of rehabilitating the cats’ reputation, I ask if anyone else has a cat that does likewise.

toilet.jpg

UPDATE: And it didn’t take long for catlovers to turn it all to profit:

2026644.jpg

Go here.

1. Posted October 28, 2006 at 3:27 pm | Permalink

Note: this is not my cat. I don’t own a cat. Mind you, it is a very nice (and large) ginger tom.

2. Sinclair Davidson
    Posted October 28, 2006 at 4:05 pm | Permalink

You’re a bad girl.

3. Posted October 28, 2006 at 4:52 pm | Permalink

No, I’m a stirrer, something that a lot of Australians have forgotten how to be.

If that makes me bad, then so be it.

4. Sinclair Davidson
    Posted October 28, 2006 at 5:08 pm | Permalink

LOL. i would have said the cat was in the fridge. 🙂

5. Posted October 28, 2006 at 5:14 pm | Permalink

Well, there’s always that possibility…

6. Geoff Honnor
    Posted October 28, 2006 at 8:34 pm | Permalink

It’s a huge cat. Almost unnaturally so…..

I worry that a pussycat, habituated to seeking repose on a closed toilet seat, might inadvertently leap into a seat raised situation – with disastrous consequences. Particularly if it is morbidly obese……

7. Jason Soon
    Posted October 28, 2006 at 8:37 pm | Permalink

I was mortified to discover that the Sheikh actually is a fellow cat-lover.

8. Geoff Honnor
    Posted October 28, 2006 at 9:01 pm | Permalink

The Prophet was fond of cats (you note I avoid the common English colloquialism in order to avoid any Danish unpleasantness.)

Dogs are another story.

9. Posted October 28, 2006 at 9:03 pm | Permalink

I dunno whose cat it is; it also looks like a digital pic of a, erhm, print (note the right hand side).

And yes, lookout Garfield, toilet cat has you covered.

Muhammad was a cat lover, too. It was dogs he considered unclean, hence the periodic news reports one sees about Muslims reacting badly to Guide Dogs and the like.

10. yobbo
    Posted October 30, 2006 at 5:01 am | Permalink

Well that’s just another thing that makes me suspicious about Mohammed. People who prefer cats to dogs are weird.

11. FDB
    Posted October 30, 2006 at 10:25 am | Permalink

My sister lives with a cat who actually pisses in the toilet. I have witnessed it personally (although Arkie prefers not to be watched). He’s aa enormous ginger tom too.

I’d always thought this was something a cat had to be trained to do, but apparently it was just observation and emulation.

Impressive.