BrisGrogBlog, Saturday 28 July

I’m sincerely hoping that my travelling luck improves after today’s effort, whichnoi-logo-k.gif involved not only lost luggage but also a lost wallet. Oh, and a completely destroyed rucksack that had to be replaced at very short notice (many thanks to the good people at Apple New Farm, who reopened their shop for me).

I have recovered the lost items, and will share this story (and many others, no doubt) at this Saturday’s BrisGrogBlog, which kicks off at 7pm at the Noi Bar in Brisbane’s Valley.

If you’re a Catallaxy regular, and live in or around Brisvegas, you’re welcome to attend. Either leave a comment here, or email Mark Bahnisch (LP editor) at the following address: mbahnisch (at) gmail (dot) com.

Hope to see lots of you there, as it’s my last chance to catch up with various bloggy friends before trooping off for (at least) a couple of years.

1. GMB
    Posted July 27, 2007 at 8:58 am | Permalink

I wish I could google that silly hand-pose Bahnish is doing in those photos. Where have I seen this before and what does it mean?

Probably from “DEATH” in the ‘Meaning Of Life” where Death explains that none of these Americans have any balls. But the camera should be looking up for that to work.

The other thing is that Jokers mouth.

Looks like it is in danger of flipping backwards and swallowing his head.

Look fellas.

You don’t need to go drinking with these guys. Its lack of confidence in your own ideas that makes you think you do.

You show up with these evil clowns they talk about conviviality and we’re all good and all that. And then they go right on stealing having somehow sucked all your credibility out of you and turned it into dead skin to be pasted over their own faces.

It just doesn’t help you drinking with these people.

Not so much meaning you Skeptic… but more our conservative fellas. It feels like a protection racket where they’ll agree not to be too abusive of our blokes in return for making it look like they are normal human beings with a place in the debate.

2. Posted July 27, 2007 at 10:17 am | Permalink

Might have guessed that’d be your response, Graeme.

I went to uni with Mark. I was on UQ’s union council with Mark. He also got chased up hill and down dale by Robert Manne on my account. Let it rest.

3. Jason Soon
    Posted July 27, 2007 at 10:24 am | Permalink

You must’ve been such a popular kid in school, eh Graeme? 🙂

4. Posted July 27, 2007 at 10:25 am | Permalink

Strewth, I never would have thought anyone would have composed a comment that mentioned dead skin being pasted over faces or something. The mind boggles, although fortunately it’s not mine doing the boggling.

Anyway, good luck with your travels o/s. It sounds like it’s going to be a wonderfully challenging experience. This blog is going to miss you a lot (it already does).

Hugs and kisses.

5. Bring Back CL's Blog
    Posted July 27, 2007 at 10:25 am | Permalink

If Mark was chasing Robert would he be looking for a manne hole

6. Posted July 27, 2007 at 10:49 am | Permalink

I just knew that’d produce a Homer pun. I was expecting something on my surname and the ‘up hill and down dale’ line, but our quibbler always surprises 😉

Thanks Darlene – although I am going to put a piece of legal/jurisprudential writing up on the Cat once a month. I’ll post about it further when the time comes.

7. GMB
    Posted July 27, 2007 at 10:54 am | Permalink

2. Yeah I knew that skeptic. I was speaking more in the general rather then in your case.

8. GMB
    Posted July 27, 2007 at 10:57 am | Permalink

“You must’ve been such a popular kid in school, eh Graeme?”

Magnificently. But I don’t think thats the case for these lefties. I think its a bit of a ‘revenge of the nerds’ syndrome going on there.

9. Posted July 27, 2007 at 10:58 am | Permalink

Okay Graeme, you’ve made your point. Ta 😉

10. FDB
    Posted July 27, 2007 at 11:05 am | Permalink

Knowing you Homer, I’m assuming that was a single-entendre pun. Wait, should that be double-, I dunno…. anyway, I’m assuming you weren’t talking about botty sex.

11. Posted July 27, 2007 at 11:54 am | Permalink

“……it’s my last chance to catch up with various bloggy friends before trooping off for (at least) a couple of years.”

You aren’t going far enough away for that.

12. Bring Back CL's Blog
    Posted July 27, 2007 at 1:51 pm | Permalink

yes FDB it was entendred only for singles. I never indulge in doubles. would that make it two bob?

If I had even thought of that I would have banisched the thought. That would be a top mark!

13. wmmbb
    Posted July 27, 2007 at 9:12 pm | Permalink

Best wishes Sceptic for your stay among the dreaming spires. For the time being, it is not a time to keep you feet on the ground – it is a bit wet over there just now.

14. rog
    Posted July 27, 2007 at 9:39 pm | Permalink

Homers getting a tad homopobic? or maybe its the suppressed stationmaster coming out of him “can I punch your ticket, lad”

wink wink, nudge nudge, say no more.

Its time that Homer came out of the closet and admitted that his obsession with puns is apoor cover for his observance of bums.

leftys call this “anal ysis” and call for public moneys to be spent “probing”. Why anybody should spend more that a red cent cent on something so alimentary is beyond my ken, or spiros if he is close to hand.

Homer should do the honourable thing and renounce his Eastwood roots.

15. rog
    Posted July 27, 2007 at 10:25 pm | Permalink

Did i just say that? I blame the demon drink – I cant get enough.

So anyway Homer, what book has all the ALP premiers running for cover at the first “boo”? Or “boo hoo?” Or “boo hoo hoo” (I know, the last was a bit mean)

I want to read it and send it on after the election. good for a laugh. Should be a good stocking filler, reduced by 1,000%, if its still for sale.

I think the ALP are running true to form, they always salute the white flag. These are the guys you want to back you up. Not.

16. Posted July 27, 2007 at 11:20 pm | Permalink

So nice to see I’m not the only one who’s too far progressed into a bottle of red.

17. Graham Bell
    Posted July 28, 2007 at 1:59 am | Permalink

SteveAtThePub [11]:
    “”You aren’t going far enough away for that.””

Fair crack of the whip! It’s a long way to Oxford. Where did you think she was going? To Kennedy Space Centre or to Baikanur?.

18. Rose
    Posted July 28, 2007 at 6:39 am | Permalink

Here’s to hoping your travel luck improves! Have you considered looking into Global Bag Tag? I don’t know how long your luggage was missing, but these things are great for long trips.