Cake wrecks

With the prospect of another 44 degree day tomorrow here in Melbourne, I needed something to cheer me up tonight. Fortunately, I came across a blog entitled Cake Wrecks via Saint’s site. (Potted version at the UK Daily Telegraph). I laughed so hard the tears were running down my cheeks.

SL, could you possibly send me over a little packet of snow? And I’ll send you some of our heat…

1. Posted February 7, 2009 at 12:32 am | Permalink

Oh dear. Delicious ways to FAIL.

2. saint
    Posted February 7, 2009 at 1:18 am | Permalink

What? You don’t like all the warm weather we are sending your way? 🙁

3. Posted February 7, 2009 at 9:37 am | Permalink

Don’t you mean Fial?

4. Posted February 7, 2009 at 11:50 am | Permalink

PrawfsBlawg is discussing cake too: ("Teaching Self-Awareness" 2009-02-06)

It’s in the context of how many lawyers/law_students opt out, and the need to do something to make them happier.

So, if time, money and skill level were no object, I think I’d be working at a specialty cake bakery like the one featured on Food Network’s Ace of Cakes. Each cake is a single project with a beginning and an end, the environment is full of of really creative people, the work is very tactile, you can see your progress, and the end product is so beautiful and often visually calming, with smooth curves and symmetrical patterns.
    Plus, who doesn’t like cake?

5. Posted February 8, 2009 at 6:19 am | Permalink

LE, does your daughter like the Winnie the Pooh stories where Tigger came from? Those stories had magic for me (like the bad spelling in notes by Owl “WOL IS OUT, BACKSON”) but our children were less impressed, more options I suppose. The Pooh Perllex was fun too. http://dannyreviews.com/h/The_Pooh_Perplex.html

6. Posted February 8, 2009 at 7:02 am | Permalink

I explain why you have been so smited in this post
    😉 http://iainhall.wordpress.com/2009/02/08/repent-ye-sinners/ But with the tragic deaths my timing may be a bit out 🙁

7. Posted February 8, 2009 at 10:41 am | Permalink

Some children’s stories stay with you for life, especially the Beatrix Potter characters like Peter Rabbit. I liked the bit where his buttons were caught in the netting and some friendly birds urged him to keep trying.
    One day soon your daughter might enjoy “Two Tough Teddies”.