Best Australian Blogs 2011

Hmmm, I’ve been so busy with catching up at work and recovering from pneumonia that I forgot to announce that we have been nominated for the Sydney Writers’ Centre Best Australian Blogs of 2011 competition. Thank you to the lovely reader who nominated us! *mwah!*

We have also entered the People’s Choice Award – voting commences on Saturday 16 April 2011 if you’d like to give us a guernsey.

Update: Click on the badge to get to the site!

Update 2: The competition and short list got a nice little write up in The Australian.

1. Posted April 12, 2011 at 5:40 pm | Permalink

Link to the voting site please.

I promise to be honest and vote only once, even though I’d be able to do it countless times because I all cookies are destroyed when i close my browser.

2. Posted April 12, 2011 at 6:27 pm | Permalink

Their competition page is here. I don’t see any mention of voting.

3. Posted April 13, 2011 at 6:55 pm | Permalink

Yay us! {snoopy dance}

4. Posted April 14, 2011 at 9:37 am | Permalink

I’m both proud and humble – and embarrassed because I don’t feel I contribute as much as I’d like to. Life, she gets in the way. But yay us!

Posted April 14, 2011 at 3:28 pm | Permalink

Yay youse! Proud, ‘umble and embarrassed; such a whirlpool of emotions; it’s a colourful life you lead, Ms Nitwit.

ps “snoopy dance”? Hadn’t heard of that. Such a sheltered existence I’ve had. Must change rocks occasionally.

6. Posted April 14, 2011 at 6:34 pm | Permalink

You never watched tv at Xmas?

Posted April 15, 2011 at 3:42 pm | Permalink

Thanks for explanation DEM. Yes – sometimes watch tv at Christmas. No – never saw that.

Posted April 21, 2011 at 6:08 pm | Permalink

Hey!

Does (recently learned) snoopy dance.

9. Posted April 21, 2011 at 6:26 pm | Permalink

Don’t we have to change the badge or something? I could be wrong about this (hey, it’s technology…) but I seem to remember reading somewhere on their site that if you’re shortlisted, you have to change the badge.

Presumably the powers that be will let us know in due course.

10. Posted April 21, 2011 at 7:41 pm | Permalink

They supplied a link for the nominee badge, have they emailed you for being a finalist?

11. Posted April 21, 2011 at 7:43 pm | Permalink

Wait, duh, it was in the email you forwarded me *facepalm*.

12. Posted April 21, 2011 at 8:11 pm | Permalink

Jacques, you’re full of win 🙂

13. Posted April 21, 2011 at 10:58 pm | Permalink

I’d offer to be Schroeder to someone doing the snoopy dance, but I haven’t done a Beethoven sonata since my uni days, unless you count fur elise with a walking baseline as an emergency pub pianist or “play school” times.

14. Posted April 22, 2011 at 11:46 am | Permalink

I’ve been called full of many things before, I’m confident this is a first time for ‘win’.