Public knitting

By Lorenzo

Just next to Yarraville Station, an act of public knitting was recently committed.

I found it quite charming.

This is also the Saturday chit-chat post.

1. Posted September 8, 2012 at 8:31 pm | Permalink

Hmm, must ask ShadoStitch if he’s been on holiday down under lately…

2. Posted September 9, 2012 at 5:58 am | Permalink

If I’m going to do that much knitting, I’ll be knitting myself a jumper.

3. Mel
    Posted September 9, 2012 at 6:47 am | Permalink

Outside my local library someone has knitted a whole bicycle as well as the bicycle stand. These hooligan knitters must be stopped before they get completely out of control! 😉

4. Posted September 9, 2012 at 7:32 am | Permalink

Utterly charming. Somehow random acts of craft and beauty are touching.

5. wittyknitter
    Posted September 9, 2012 at 10:21 am | Permalink

I’m torn about guerilla knitting. Part of my says it is charming, and unexpected, and whimsical. But part of me is with Steve at the Pub @2: I like to knit with a purpose. But not everyone does, I guess. And the colours are lovely.

6. Tonk v Kitty
    Posted September 9, 2012 at 12:25 pm | Permalink

More commonly known as “Yarn Bombing”

7. Dead Soul
    Posted September 9, 2012 at 1:06 pm | Permalink

Today’s puzzle is:

Why is it that when a Scotsman moves to England the IQ of both countries improves?

Posted September 10, 2012 at 8:57 am | Permalink

Yes, wittyknitter, but what do you do with all those crappy acrylic/30+ micron yarns?

9. Jolly
    Posted September 10, 2012 at 1:21 pm | Permalink

All that trouble for a good laugh. At least these knitters don’t get into knots about pub fights and public violence.

Posted September 10, 2012 at 4:35 pm | Permalink

Anybody into steampunk should have had a ball watching the Paralympic closing ceremony? There were several manufactures I would dearly love to drive down George Street Sydney at peak hour 😉